Thursday, August 23, 2012

August 2012: Last Days of Summer

Got a little twin time this morning.... last week before they start VPK.... pretty much their real school career.... Having so many emotions.... they are my little babies.... really struggled with this decision to let them go to the all day program.  I know that they are growing up.... I know they have too..... I know that there is no stopping it.... They are amazing... I am on borrowed time with them.... They are entrusted to me by Him... to teach, love and nurture... prepare, guide.... and then.... let go of....so they can accomplish what is intended for them.... Their path.... not mine.... 
They may be slipping through my fingers..... but not my heart....
They will stay there forever.

Today we ate breakfast together on the bench.... played at the train playground chasing each other.... and of course checked out the crossing sign.
No matter how insignificant a crossing sign may seem to me.... Casen will notice them a mile away while driving in the car....He has already pointed 2 out to me during drives that are quite common to us that I have NEVER noticed before....
Amazing how their minds work... how they are so in tune with the details that we neglect as we grow older....
A simple thing.... like the thought of a train.... excites him... makes him happy.....
I pray that he never loses that.... that he may always hold fast to the simple things.... and the joys they bring.  My house is quite right now.... still dark.... the twins asleep in our bed... Greg on the couch.... snoring lightly.... Cooper nestled in his bed.... birds starting to awake and chirp.... my coffee hot.... the simple things....
Thank you God.













No comments: