Monday, March 12, 2012

March 2012: The Farm... 31 Produce


31 Produce

We spent the day at the farm... It was a beautiful, windy day made for us....
There was something so special about watching my children's eyes gaze at the vast fields with such excitement. They were in heaven and it filled my heart to feel their happiness as they picked strawberries and ran in every direction.
They explored trails, farm equipment, and every aspect nature had to offer to us that day. They excitedly squealed at bees and danced down every row of crops. The farm equipment shed that housed Casen's favorite.... tractors, was a huge hit. When we grew tired of exploring.... we returned to the main barn to share lunch in the herb garden in hopes that the penned turtle would come out of his little house to meet us.... Sadly, he did not share the enthusiasm of my children for the day and continued to nap lazily. We finished the afternoon with purchasing some fresh veggies from the market and sampled some of their local sweet honey....
I miss nature. I have learned from this day that it is something I hope more for my children.....
This day will be a sweet memory for me for a long time....






















No comments: