Thursday, March 15, 2012

March 2012: An Island Beach Day

Since it was spring break and the weather was amazing....we decided to enjoy a beach day. The kids couldn't wait to get to the lighthouse beach.... parking was tough.... especially with Emy telling me that she could "see a spot".... She was apparently seeing spots.... that I couldn't.....
When we finally did park.... the kids were a great help in carrying things and walking.... (This is the first time in a long time that I had attempted the beach alone....) Crossing my fingers, they made the hike from the parking lot to a sandy spot by the water. They were so full of life and energy.... they chased birds and swam in the frosty water endlessly..... only stopping for a moment or two for a pretzel or carrot stick.....
As they are coming to an age where they are more independent, I am finding that I can stop and enjoy the moments that we are having.... I can't believe how much they have grown and all they are capable of....
What a great start to Spring....
Greg and I are so blessed.... Praise God... for all you have given us....and continue to give us daily.











No comments: